Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The quest for TP

It is Tuesday morning. I don't meet with my executive until about 3:00 p.m. This meeting was originally sceduled for 9:00 a.m. and changed 4 times and ended up at 3:00. I am told this is the usual thing. We are going sightseeing this morning.
The quest for TP(toilet paper) last night was very interesting. My interpreter left me at my apartment for the evening and I decided to go grocery shopping(on my own). The apartment had no toilet paper so I really needed some. I spent an hour looking around the supermarket, this is better sightseeing than a anything. I looked and looked for toilet paper and couldn't find it. I finally stopped a worker to ask. No english!!! So I pantimimed what i needed(not the most delicate thing I've done). Turns out you must check out on the first floor and go to the second floor for those things. My quest for TP was successful.
My interpreter read my Lonely Planet guide book and laughed at the restaurant recomendations. She said we would eat much better than that!!
I just got confirmation that we are on for 3:00 p.m. I think this is when the real work will begin(although the TP adventure was quite a bit of work). By the way Yulia(interpreter) got me wonderful fruit and I tried it last night. I decided it was the best fruit ever. I decided I would have to eat one every day since I couldn't get them in the U.S. I asked Yulia what it was this morning and she said it was *****. (That means I can't pronounce it)
A little later she told me she looked up the english translation and it was a persimon. Hmmm I think I won't have to eat one every day now.

No comments: