Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Worked Late

Worked untill 7:00 last night. For me that's pretty late. I figured out that I have cable in my apartment. The only thing in English was CNN and Sea Patrol. Sea Patrol was so exciting. Only because it was in English.

Today I started work at 11:00 a.m. Shout out to Teresa(my wellness coach) I walk to work and it takes 30 minutes uphill. I choose to do this instead of the subway.

Everybody in the office seems nervous and excited. I think that's good. Hope they didn't watch CNN this morning and that they are nervous just because I did a good job not because Russia is a little miffed with the Ukraine.

Yulia explained about the collective farms during the Soviet reign and how things have changed. It's not a great situation for all involved but better than it was. She also told me that her parents had to buy liability insurance for their car for the first time this year because the government required this. It is around 100.00 american per year and it doesn't pay enough if you get into an accident. Some things are the same everywhere you go.

No comments: