Friday, March 7, 2008

Listen up guys...WOMEN'S DAY HAS ARRIVED


As I walked to work today(30 minutes with stairs uphill), I saw all the effects of Women's Day. This is a THREE day holiday. Most offices are closed on Monday. This is THREE days to honor the women of the country. There were flower stands everywhere and the guys were lined up at each one. The street and underground walkways were filled with fragrance. Most offices have parties this afternoon to honor the women in their offices. I could really get used to a holiday like this. There is a holiday mood in the air and all the women are actually smiling.




I am going to Crimea this weekend. Yulia and I will take an overnight train tonight and goof around all weekend in Crimea. It's on the Black Sea. She is making all the plans. Having an interpreter is like having a personal assistant. She makes sure I'm safe and happy. I think I need her to come with me to the States. I think for everything she does her price would be to high for me to pay. I know she would agree.

I won't be posting this weekend as I will be by the Black Sea enjoying myself but will try to post some pictures Monday
.
I also recieved tulips from Yuri. Can you believe it???
He also brought me my first Ukraine "freebees". He thinks the word freebees is really funny. I think this means he is, after all, a nice guy.

No comments: